Note: This post will contain spoilers after the jump. Please only “Continue reading” if you want to be spoiled for this Stephen King-filled book box!
Oh my goodness, I am so sorry I’ve been MIA for so long. If you weren’t previously aware, in the past month I finally got a job in my field (Publishing), moved to Chicago, and started said job. I just finished my first week of work and I absolutely LOVE it! Because of this, I don’t ever work weekends anymore, so I’ll be able to catch up on reading, writing reviews, and posting to Instagram. Since I missed posting October’s wrap up, I’ve just included in this one.
- “Dagon” by HP Lovecraft ★★★★☆
- “Pickman’s Model” by HP Lovecraft ★★★★★
- “The Dunwich Horror” by HP Lovecraft ★★★★★
- The Strain, Vol. 1 by David Lapham, Mike Huddleston, & Sierra Hahn ★★★★★
- Harley Quinn, Vol. 1: Hot in the City by Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmiotti, & Chad Hardin ★★★★★
- Harley Quinn, Vol. 2: Power Outage by Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmiotti, & Chad Hardin ★★★★☆
- Losing Ground: A Stephen Richards Novella by Alice Rachel ★★★★★
- Lumberjanes, Vol. 1: Beware the Kitten Holy by Noelle Stevenson, Grace Ellis, & Shannon Watters ★★★★★
- The Peculiar Haunting of Thelma Bee by Erin Petti ★★★★★
- Lumberjanes, Vol. 2: Friendship to the Max by Noelle Stevenson, Grace Ellis, & Shannon Watters ★★★★★
- Fanboys vs. Zombies, Vol. 1 by Sam Humphries & Jerry Gaylord ★★★★★
- The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket (reread) ★★★★★
- House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski ★★★★☆
- Gemina by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff ★★★★★
- The Running Man by Stephen King ★★★★☆
Thanks for sticking with me during this crazy (awesome) time in my life. What books have you read lately that you loved?
As you may know, I read Stephen King’s It during the month of September. This was my main focus for the month, though I did read some of Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas (I just haven’t finished it yet). Because of this, I don’t have a huge monthly wrap-up, so after the jump I’ve included my short discussion on It. If you haven’t read It, you may want to avoid the discussion as there may be spoilers.
- Deep Dark Fears by Fran Krause
- Rating: ★★★★★
- Poe by J. Barton Mitchell & Dean Kotz
- Rating: ★★★★☆
- It by Stephen King
- Rating: ★★★★★
I also posted an unboxing for Horror Block’s September Stephen King-themed box.
If you’re interested in reading my short discussion on It, read more. Continue reading “September Wrap-Up and It Discussion”
I was so excited to get my Horror Block box today! I’ve never gotten one before, but knew I had to subscribe for September’s box since it was Stephen King-themed (fun fact: King’s birthday was September 21).
There were so many things in this box, and I love every single one of them. I am still currently reading It (which is why I haven’t posted any reviews lately), and it’s absolutely amazing. Stephen King is my favorite author, and he doesn’t disappoint; I’ve really enjoyed every single book I’ve read of his.
Anyway, onto the unboxing! Spoilers for the Stephen King Horror Block after the jump. Continue reading “Unboxing: Stephen King Horror Block”